Work at SunShare
join us today
We’re on a Mission
To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same. As one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies, we know our people are what drives SunShare’s success and are committed to nurturing great talent.
Click to expand and view open job positions below.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Full-time and part-time independent contractor positions available
The Community Solar Consultant will be an independent contractor based out of SunShare’s Denver office and will be principally responsible for nurturing community solar customer prospects to close while representing the professionalism and the focus on customer-experience that is a core value of SunShare. As a Solar Consultant, your responsibility will be to educate residents on the benefits of community solar thereby enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives. This position requires experience in direct B-to-C sales as well as excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be required to effectively master and articulate SunShare’s value proposition, diligently track activity using SunShare’s systems and processes, participate in some evening and weekend events, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s messaging and sales operations. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced and unstructured environment and should be an independent thinker and problem-solver.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Strategizes and preplans on how to best achieve sales objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information
• Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs
• Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the goals set by management
• Maintains professional relationships with all customers by participating in effective work with sales calls, sales blitzes and community events
• Remains informed of company activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
• Strictly adheres to all regulatory and consumer protection compliance including delivering disclosures to prospects
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years in B2C Sales Role
• Experience working in telesales
• History of success
• Tenacity and a positive mental attitude
• Professional, friendly, curious, energetic, team player
• A drive and passion for spreading renewable energy to the masses
• Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
• Must have a personal laptop or computer with access to internet service
Job Type: Contract
The Controller will be under the umbrella of the Accounting department and report to the Chief Financial Officer. The role will be responsible for facilitating the companies audits and preparing financial statements. This role will provide technical expertise and support for complex accounting and consolidations, calculating adjusting journal entries and other duties as assigned.
This position will be 100% remote, part time, approximately 20 hours / week in an independent contractor role. Pay range is $55 – $90 per hour, depending on experience. The position is expected to last for four months.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Memorialize technical accounting advice for complex transactions.
- Coordinate with third parties to complete all required financial documents / reviews including annual audits, tax reporting, etc.
- Provide feedback and support to accounting staff as required.
- Produce and review ad hoc financial reports.
- 7 plus years of public accounting experience. Controller accounting experience a plus.
- Experience compiling financial statements and supporting the audit process.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; MBA preferred
- CPA certification
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Contract Position Range: $55/hour – $90/hour.
- Compensation to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
The successful candidate is expected to be a detail orientated, experienced development engineer/designer who can make decisions independently with the guidance of department colleagues and leadership teams. Experience must be in the renewable power industry associated with solar and storage engineering related to development engineering, early-stage design interconnection and preliminary design/layout drawing duties. This position requires an individual with the ability to initiate industry best practices to effectively produce and advise, through data analysis, performance engineering and system optimization solutions utilizing components from best-in-class suppliers. Initially this opportunity requires a hands-on detail-oriented development engineer but will quickly grow into excellent career opportunity for an engineer with a strong technical background, that wants to move into an engineering leadership position.
FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development of internal processes for optimizing solar and BESS site designs based on LCOE.
- Analyze historical meteorological data to identify and evaluate solar resources, including knowledge and understanding of how best to incorporate data sources such as SolarAnywhere and any other sources relied upon by tax equity and other project lenders.
- Coordinate with teams to help with effective site selection and land assessment processes.
- Assist with financial modeling and financial teams to support project funding.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to aid in developing creative hybrid solutions.
- Support the management team in the development of a portfolio pipeline from a design iteration and risk perspective.
- Provides conceptual and detailed designs of solar PV Projects including site layouts, annual energy yield estimates in support of development, engineering, construction, and testing phases of distributed and utility scale PV solar Projects.
- Assist with procurement efforts in cost/benefit analysis for new technologies and design strategies based on system optimization analysis.
- Support the interconnection team through early to mid-stage interconnection application deliverables.
- Lead and manage design and engineering services for solar and solar + storage projects throughout the origination and development stages with an eye on achieving market wins while balancing constructability, financeability and efficient operational performance.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar and BESS design objectives.
- Manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously with minimal oversight.
- Represents the solar engineering team as technical subject matter expert on external calls with clients, independent engineers, and suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Self-starter with strong inter-cultural communication and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD and PVSYST, Helioscope or similar. Drafts and reviews energy yield calculations using energy simulation tools such as PVSYST, or NREL System Advisor Model (SAM).
- Experience with the design & construction process of solar PV projects.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations (NEC maximum system voltage, grounding xfrmr calculations, conductor sizing, overcurrent protection sizing, utility disconnect requirements, voltage drop, and conduit sizing).
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
- BS (Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering preferred) and 4+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- A minimum of 5 years total experience is required, with at least 2 years in renewables, 3+ years
- Proficiency in design and drafting utilizing AutoCAD is highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Efficient time management – must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, including prioritizing, organizing, and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Solar PV system design including array layouts, DC string sizing, equipment layouts, and utility interconnections for ground mount (fixed tilt and single-axis tracking) systems.
- Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) design and modeling experience.
- Solar PV system energy production modelling.
- Assists with estimates for the engineering budget and schedule.
- Contributes to company-wide initiatives to drive continual improvements in efficiency, tools, processes, and execution.
- Ability to communicate issues and to clearly communicate complex technical issues to peers, Across Departments, Suppliers and Clients and a non-technical audience as required.
Part-time position. 15-20 hours per week.
The Human Resources Coordinator will be engaged in a fast-paced and innovative organization with a high performing team. They will be responsible for administering, improving, and developing SunShare’s human resources policies on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate for this role will be one who enjoys implementing and improving organizational processes and who has a passion for human resource management. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced setting where no two days are exactly the same. This position is based out of and located in SunShare’s Denver office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This part-time position will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and VP of Finance and Controller while supporting the day-to-day human resources functions of the company. This position will play a critical role in ensuring that SunShare’s human resources policies and procedures are compliant and in line with SunShare’s core values.
- Maintains I-9 and employee records to keep them up to date and accurate.
- Assist with open enrollment and administering benefits for all SunShare employees.
- Assists in the preparation of new employee files and manages onboarding and offboarding.
- Assists with recruitment by drafting job descriptions, assisting with resume screening, phone interviews, in person interviews, and interacting with hiring agencies.
- In accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, assists with processing payroll; manages, monitors, and delivers expense reports; manages and tracks SunShare’s paid time off policy.
- Supports the Chief Operating Officer and the VP of Finance with the management and execution of all SunShare HR functions and works to ensure that SunShare is compliant in all employer relations. Recommend changes and efficiencies to current Human Resources standard operating procedures.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all SunShare employees on matters relating to Human Resources and escalates, as necessary.
- Delivers a positive, professional, customer-oriented experience with follow-through, attention to details, and resourcefulness.
- Maintains high degree of confidentiality.
- 1 – 2 years professional experience as a human resources coordinator preferred.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems. Experience with ADP TotalSource preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly personal information daily and maintain confidentiality in a mature and non-judgmental manner.
- A desire to grow within the solar or renewable energy field strongly preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Adobe, DocuSign, Google Suite.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Professional, friendly, curious, energetic team player
- Tenacity and a positive mental attitude.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This position is a part-time position with hour varying from 15 – 20 hours per week.
- Pay Range: $20 – 24 per hour, depending on experience.
- Pay rate to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company sponsored disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance coverage, eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan, eligibility to participate in SunShare’s stock option plan, and a generous paid time off policy.
- A complete list of all the benefits offered at SunShare may be provided upon request.
Full-time and part-time independent contractor positions available
Are you looking for a way to combine your passions for selling and saving the world? There are a few people in this world who have the personality for selling. And they love it. From the initial contact, to building rapport and addressing pain points, to the grand finale of closing the deal. If you have this personality and want to use it to make the world a cleaner, brighter, better place, we want you to join our passionate and profitable sales team!
SunShare Community Solar is different, and we are looking for someone who is different. We are seeking true salespeople, who have the personality and passion for selling. SunShare brings renewable energy to everyone, with no roof equipment and no upfront costs. We are looking to change the world and we need your help.
Are you ready to make lives BETTER? Are you ready to help everyone choose where their energy comes from? Are you ready to be different? You can do all of this and make $100,000 in your very first year!
THIS IS NOT ROOFTOP SOLAR – Commissions are paid out bi-weekly and anyone with an electricity bill qualifies to subscribe!
Apply now; we are waiting to hear from you!
To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same.
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
SunShare started a movement in 2011 with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. A decade later, we’ve created something even bigger — a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner.
SunShare is America’s oldest and most experienced community solar company. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, homeowners and renters should be easy and affordable, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to enjoy clean, solar energy. SunShare is a dynamic, fast-paced and highly driven company, having developed more than 110 MWs of solar projects for both large and small utilities. Our unique focus is developing and operating community-based solar projects. Headquartered in Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
Are you interested in getting back into the job market, but want to work for a small company with great management and culture? Do you enjoy working with flexible schedule making full-time pay for part-time work?
If you are passionate about making a meaningful difference in your local community and for the planet, and looking for a job that will have you doing something new, being outside and engaging with individuals, then this role is a perfect fit!
Our SunSational Community Solar Representatives will be based out of SunShare’s HQ located in Denver, CO. Experience in sales is not required – we will train you! That said, a top contender for this position has…
- A history of success
- Tenacity and a positive mental attitude
- Love for building rapport, talking to people, and making sales
- Desire to be a professional, friendly, curious, energetic, team player
- A drive and passion for spreading renewable energy to the masses
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required
- A valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Strong verbal and written skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel within sales territory to meet prospects and achieve company sales targets
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with customers on a regular basis, at their homes and at community events
- Build and maintain relationships with new and repeat customers
- Educate customers on how SunShare’s Community Solar program can benefit the individual, local community, and planet at large
- Maintain a professional and friendly attitude while conducting sales
- Remain informed of company activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Strictly adhere to all regulatory and consumer protection compliance including delivering disclosures to prospects
The representative salary of a Community Solar Representative will vary depending on the Consultant’s willingness to go after sales. The individual’s drive and “go-getter” attitude will impact commission bonuses. Average commission translates to $25-$30 / hour, with potential of $100,000 per year including commissions and bonuses.
Qualified applicants should email resume to Human Resources at HR@mysunshare.com.
What We Offer
SunShare offers industry competitive packages and benefits. We are a truly diverse team of passionate, clean energy aficionados with a vibrant culture.
No, really. It’s one of our company values! We strive to be our friendliest selves to our teams, customers, and community. We also embrace and actively nurture diversity.
We spend a lot of time together so it’s important to have a nice environment. Our Denver offices are professionally designed and are right in the heart of the city. We also offer virtual-office flexibility as needed.
We Love Animals
We care about the Earth and all creatures in it, but we ESPECIALLY like dogs! Our dogs are welcome in the office as part of the SunShare team and report to our CKO (Chief K-9 Officer).
Balance and camaraderie with colleagues is important. We are hard-working and results-driven professionals, but we like to celebrate our wins, cut-loose together, and have a laugh.