SunShare is driving growth of the solar industry in the groundbreaking community solar segment. As one of the nation’s first community solar companies, SunShare’s mission is to give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives. Our company has a fearless, get-it-done attitude that is leading innovation and making solar an easy choice for consumers. We have already enabled thousands of citizens, businesses, and organizations to play a part in creating a cleaner, better future. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we continue to grow our team by hiring passionate, agile leaders who will transform the energy industry.
See all Open Positions
Job Type: Contract
This role will work in conjunction with the in-house marketing, regulatory, and customer experience teams to develop and surgically deploy tactics such as media relations, influencer outreach, thought leadership, social media, sponsored content and non-conventional tactics that will favorably influence consumers, regulatory and legislative groups, and industry insiders.
In short, the right candidate will need to prove he or she can use old PR and new PR to quickly and precisely create and maintain a favorable public image through third-party validation. This role will be part-time based on the business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Secure positive coverage with high-profile national and local media to catapult SunShare to the top of industry coverage
• Integrate PR, social media, and influencer strategy to create consistent, positive content and increase consumer engagement
• Develop and execute media relations and social media platform strategy
• Mine and create story ideas and proactively (and creatively) pitch media to secure coverage, regardless of “newsworthy” events
• Draft traditional media materials, including key messages, press kit, press releases, bios, byline articles
• Assist with the planning and execution of events, press conferences / briefings, media tours, etc.
• Spearhead earned and owned media strategy
• Research and prepare executives in media training for presentations, conferences, and interviews
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 7-10 years of marketing or advertising experience with 7+ years of direct Public Relations agency or other experience
• Self-direction will be mandatory to ensure productivity
• Understanding of and willingness to dive into the regulatory and legislative challenges of community solar
• Proven ability to pitch and secure earned media – even when there’s not an obvious angle available
• Experience in reputation management, from a traditional and social media perspective
• Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including strong listening skills
• Must be able to thrive under deadline, be very detail-oriented and always be willing to go the extra mile
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
See all Open Positions
SunShare is looking for a National Sales Manager to turn around a flagging inside sales team. The primary objective of this role will be to meet / exceed weekly and monthly sales goals by managing, coaching, training, and supporting a team of inside sales agents – and turning sales agents into closers. The National Sales Manager will be responsible for:
• All aspects of sales performance growth – specifically sales and sales conversion
• Supporting, developing and growing sales team personnel, including inside sales with the potential for outside sales in the future
• Providing additional management bandwidth
• Developing and coaching sales teams to deliver on SunShare’s sales targets while representing SunShare’s brand and core values
• Decreasing cost-per-sale by increasing sales staff utilization and closing ratio
• Assessing inside sales processes and recommend improvements to drive efficiency and sales performance
• Delivering and exceeding weekly sales targets with high-quality sales that meet or exceed QAQC conversion
ESSENTIAL TRAITS AND SKILLSETS:
• Strong knowledge of products and company processes
• Strong training / coaching skills
• Strong sales skills / closing
• Strong phone sales skills
• Strong knowledge of Salesforce
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to mentor, motivate, and coach a team
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to multitask
• Strong pipeline management skills that can be taught / transferred to team
• Ability to manage lead pipeline to sales and conversion rates
• Full understanding of lead allocation
Base + Commission + Overrides
• Additional detail to be provided
Are you looking for a way to combine your passions for selling, saving the world, and leading people? There are a few people in this world who have the personality for selling. Those that do are passionate about sales and love selling. Do you have this personality and want to use it to make the world a cleaner, brighter, better place? Are you able to lead others to success through sales? Our passionate sales team is looking for a true sales leader.
SunShare Community Solar is different and we are looking for someone who is different. We are seeking a true sales leader, who has the personality and passion for selling. SunShare brings renewable energy to everyone, with no roof required and no upfront costs. We are looking to change the world and we need your help. We need a leader who can help our sales team educate customers on how community solar is different and how it can benefit them and their community.
Are you ready to make our customers’ lives BETTER? Are you ready to help everyone choose where their energy comes from? Are you ready to be different?
Job Types: Full-time
See all Open Positions