Featured Community Solar Project:
Uncompahgre Community Solar Garden
SunShare’s Uncompahgre Community Solar Garden is the largest community solar garden ever built in Colorado, and it began producing clean, renewable energy in February 2021. Located in Platteville, Colorado, it’s SunShare’s first solar garden that uses bifacial modules, meaning power is produced from both the front and back sides – increasing production output by up to 30%! At an impressive 5 Megawatts, it will produce enough clean, renewable energy to remove over 38,000 cars from the road.
The solar panels are mounted on trackers, which start facing east in the morning for sunrise and follow the sun west until sunset. Overnight, the trackers position themselves to 45 degrees to allow rain and snow to slide right off.
This community solar garden serves homes and communities across Colorado, including Weld, Summit, Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas, Jefferson, Clear Creek, Boulder, Chaffee, and Mesa counties.
SunShare’s Monthly Solar Production
Colorado Project Portfolio
- 22 Active Community Solar Gardens
- 32 Active Megawatts
- 10 Community Solar Gardens in development
- 20 Megawatts in development
Minnesota Project Portfolio
- 24 Active Community Solar Gardens
- 31 Active Megawatts
- 8 Community Solar Gardens in development
- 11 Megawatts in development
- Active Community Solar Projects
- Future Community Solar Gardens
- Eligible Counties
- Xcel Energy Service Territory