SunShare is pleased to announce that we’re growing!
SunShare is one of the nation’s first community solar companies. We are a team of solar professionals with a mission to give every American the opportunity to build a cleaner future. We make solar energy simple, affordable, and accessible. Founded in 2011, we have built 1.2 megawatts of community solar gardens, bringing solar energy to over 400 households in our Colorado Springs pilot market. In 2013, we were awarded more than 11 MWs of new awards from Xcel Energy. We are building a team of the best and brightest that will help us execute on our current projects and bring our proven model to new markets around the country.
Director of Engineering
SunShare is seeking a Director of Engineering to lead solar design and engineering efforts in support the sales, development, installation and asset management of commercial distributed generation photovoltaic systems. SunShare is focused on developing, owning, and operating shared solar plants throughout the US and is seeking an extremely detail-oriented, honest, and personable addition to the team. This role will require fulfilling work hours associated with a new venture, and candidates must have the strong work ethic required to succeed in such an environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to the land and project development team, including site assessments, system designs and permit/interconnection applications. Lead on product selection and compatibility
- Support all aspects of the installation and servicing of solar systems. Direct the administration and monitoring of projects in operation.
- Responsible for creating and managing quarterly production report and analysis. Respond to intra-company requests for information regarding solar fleet.
- Maintain contract compliance tracking systems by reviewing and summarizing deliverables of contracts and other project documents. Ensure that asset/land owner obligations and interests are successfully administered under all agreements
- Oversee the transfer of production data from operating assets to internal billing/accounting platform to ensure timely and accurate customer billing. Support the development of information sharing platforms and work management systems, including populating such systems with historical records and the archiving of documents.
- Interface with project finance team on debt compliance and monetization of asset. Support accounting department in the preparation and filing of loan and compliance deliverables. Assist in the production reports and other deliverables required both internally and to satisfy the requirements of lenders
- Contract management and negotiation including EPC, O&M, product warranty, interconnection and power purchase agreements
- Interface with Customer Management team to ensure timely response to requests
Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented and a team player. Desired qualifications:
- Bachelors in accounting, engineering, finance, economics or related field.
- 4-7 years experience in the design, engineering, installation and servicing of solar systems
- Experience in multiple jurisdictions and states across the US
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency with Helios, AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Electrical Engineering PE a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
To learn more about our open positions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org