Keeping our Communities Safe through the COVID-19 Uncertainty
Supporting our community is one of the driving forces behind who SunShare is and what we work to achieve every single day. In this uncertain time, as our community bands together to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and helps safeguard our family, friends, and community, SunShare is committed to doing its part.
For our current subscribers:
- Our community solar gardens continue to produce solar energy each and every day, and you will continue to earn bill credits on your utility bills each month. As a reminder, SunShare will never bill you for energy for which you have not received credits.
- We continue to monitor performance and functionality of our gardens, and if we do experience any mechanical issues, our maintenance and operations teams should be able to operate safely and effectively within the guidelines recommended by the CDC. We also have backup panels on hand to ensure our gardens maintain optimum energy production.
- Following the direction of health officials, we have made all necessary arrangements for our office staff to work from home in order to minimize exposure and potential spread of COVID-19. This includes our Customer Care team.
- We are committed to maintaining exemplary customer service! Each of SunShare’s phone numbers continue to reach our remotely-working Customer Care team, and we anticipate the impact on communications to be minimal. Our hours of operation will NOT change as a result of this situation. If you have any questions or concerns at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team at 800.793.0786.
- We will continue to waive late fees on past-due invoices, and are happy to work with subscribers on an individual basis if they need a delayed payment plan due to financial hardship. We will do what we can to support any subscribers who experience financial challenges during this time as they move toward more stable economic positions. Please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 800.793.0786 so they can note your account and work out a payment plan for the future.
For the public:
- SunShare is exercising all healthy-interaction protocols as directed by the CDC to reduce risk of person-to-person contact, including frequent hand-washing, using hand sanitizer regularly (when hand-washing is unavailable), doing elbow bumps instead of handshakes, and keeping a safe distance from others. We have converted all of our in-person sales operations to no-contact methods so as to maintain safe social-distancing protocols.
- In our own effort to help support locally-owned small businesses in our communities in this challenging time, we will provide a $20 gift card for a locally-owned business to all new subscribers that enroll with SunShare.
In the meantime, we search for the good news amidst the chaos. We are thankful that the planet is getting a brief respite from pollution so that it can repair and regenerate itself. We are thankful to the communities who have demonstrated great strength and resilience in the face of adversity. And we are especially thankful to those who continue to work every day to make us safer, and keep society functioning while we adjust. These things keep us motivated to work even harder toward our own renewable energy goals, now and in the future.
Thank you for being loyal supporters of clean, renewable energy, and we look forward to continuing our mission to make the world a cleaner, brighter place.
CEO and Founder